World Chess is pleased to present the policy governing the use of the Chess Moves of the World Chess Candidates Tournament.
1. This Policy provides a framework for third parties willing to use the chess moves of the World Chess Championship Candidates Tournament 2018 (“Candidates Tournament” or “Event”) for organization of a live move-by-move broadcast of the event.
2 .For the purposes of this Policy World Chess shall mean World Chess Events Limited (3rd Floor Fairgate House, 78 Oxford street, London, United Kingdom) – official organizer of the event and its affiliate World Chess US, Inc. (2 Rector St # 1202, New York, NY 10006, USA).
3. By accessing, using and rebroadcasting the chess moves provided by World Chess you agree to abide by the terms of this Policy.
4. Any third party live move-by-move broadcast of the Event shall be performed with at least 5 minutes’ delay. The following notice shall be published on the broadcasting source at the prominent place on the page of the broadcast:
“In order to purchase premium subscription for official broadcast of the Candidates Tournament 2018, please visit worldchess.com. Premium subscription features no-delay interactive chess board, video of the event and live commentary by Judit Polgar and other top chess players. Part of the subscription fee will go to the Prize Fund of the event.
This broadcasting of the moves is subject to World Chess Policy. Unauthorized broadcasting of chess moves is prohibited. For more information, please visit http://business.worldchess.com/officialbroadcast.”
5. Nothing in this Policy shall be construed as giving a third party the right to use the official video stream in its broadcast.
6. Any live move-by-move broadcast of the Event that does not comply with this Policy will be regarded as an unauthorized broadcast and breach of this agreement. In such case World Chess reserves the right to pursue legal action as well as to resort to the sanctions provided by FIDE Moves Broadcasting Policy.
7. After the end of each respective game, the chess moves of this game may be used without any restrictions.
8. In any case, use of not more than 10 (ten) consecutive moves in one piece of communication (e.g. on one web-page; in one video piece) shall not be regarded as violation of this Policy.